Jack Kerr served as the IBLS Secretary of the Canadian Region.
A 1988 issue of World of Model Engineering lists the following:
International Brotherhood of Live Steamers (Canada) Secretary, Mr. J. R. Kerr 65 Lanark Street Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3IK8, Canada
- Jack Kerr of Winnipeg (Canadian BLS Secretary) ran his NYC Hudson which is over 20 years old but still looks and runs like new.
The following noticed appeared in Live Steam Magazine, July-August 1999, page 77:
- I have decided to retire from the position of International Brotherhood of Live Steamers Secretary for the Canadian Region. I have held the position since 1971, and in that time have registered a long list of members.
- Paul Winslow has agreed to take over as the new Canadian Secretary. He is a second generation model engineer as his late father built a very successful C.N.R. Northern locomotive, which Paul operates on our local track each summer.
- Paul's term was effective June 1, 1999. I would ask that Live Steamers in Canada contact Paul with news of your clubs and that the Live Steam Magazine staff extends to him the same courtesies I have enjoyed.
- J.R. (Jack) Kerr
- "Steam Manitoba", Jack Kerr and Paul Winslow, "Live Steam Magazine", Jul 1971
- "Hard-to-Win Waterloo" (Steam tractor story), J.R. Kerr, "Live Steam Magazine", Jan/Feb 2000