Yokohama Live Steam Club
Here are some pictures taken in June, 1996 at the Yokohama LiveSteam Club, Japan.
This is a scratchbuilt EMD E-8 locomotive. This locomotive uses avery large gas engine (.45) to turn a basic can motor as a generator.
Details (from Left to Right)
- Hand formed brass hood
- Internal Volt-meter
- Radio Control Receiver (On its side)
- Control Panel with toggle switches
- Generator (Under control panel)
- Cooling Fan (mounted on access hood sitting above engine)
- .45 Gas Engine (Car type)
- Throttle servo
- Receiver and Servo Batteries
- Can Muffler and Lube trap
- [https://web.archive.org/web/20030111140854/http://users.erols.com/diesel/faq/faq2.html "Do-It-Yourself Small Scale Internal Combustion Locomotive