Live Steam equipment can be built with the following types of brakes.
John Kelso's AAR 50 ton truck brake rigging. Photo by John Kelso.
Allen Models of Nevada new Arch Bar Truck. Photo by Steve Alley, 2 December 2015.
Mix and Match
- All my freight cars (20 +) have 1 truck air and 1 truck vacuum and this gives me a redundant brake system and lets us use different locos to pull them. I started doing this years ago and am very glad I did.
- Non-metalic brake lining, McMaster-Carr
- Bettendorf freight truck with brake rigging, Railroad Warehouse
- "Cast iron trucks get new shoes"
- "Berkshire tender Brake cylinders", Chaski.org
- "Remote controlled brakes", Chaski.org
- Wabtec Freight Catalog
- "Brake Shoe Kits for 1" Scale RR Sup. Trks", Chaski.org
- "Brake Valve", Chaski.org
- "Tender Brakes", Chaski.org
- "Brake Shoe Machining", Chaski.org
- "Train brakes for the little Mogul", Chaski.org
- "Tender Brakes on the 2-4-0", DiscoverLiveSteam.com