2-6-2 Prairie Steam Locomotive
- Photos of 2-6-2 exhibited at Expo Square in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Photos by Daris A Nevil, March 2018.
- Built by Baldwin Locomotive Works, May 1917, serial 45549
- The Dierks Forest #207. Was used by a lumber company, Dierks Forest, for hauling lumber in southeast Oklahoma and southwest Arkansas and was moved to Tulsa’s fairgrounds in 1963.
- This is an oil-fired locomotive. The tender contains a large oil tank.
- The turbo generator is mounted on the same platform as the headlight.
- The trailing truck looks like it was fabricated from forge steel, not castings.
- The cylinder cocks are manually operated. The control rods were removed on the engineer side and are laying on the ground.
- The boiler platform is made of wood.
- The floor of the tender is wood.
- Walschaerts valve gear
- Two sand-boxes, one in front of the first driver, the second behind the last driver.